House Update

Sorry the posts dried up in January. Between work, the move and the pregnancy, I’ve been pretty much tuckered out, but now that I’m officially on maternity leave and my parents are snugly tucked into the back room to help get the house ready before the little ticking time-bomb in my belly goes off, I’m now able to unleash the nesting hormone to its full effect.

I must admit, it’s pretty tough moving into a new house when you are in your 39th week of pregnancy. But not for the reasons you’d think. It’s because you are looking down the barrel of a craft/nesting explosion of awesomeness and you:

  1. Can’t lift anything heavier than 15 lbs
  2. Can’t get on a step stool to put up anything like curtains, shelves, etc.
  3. Can’t paint anything

And of course I want to do all three things on an hourly basis. All that compounded with feeling utterly exhausted from a full day of work when I get home hasn’t helped much either.  So poor Mr. Sweetie has to do the work of two people. And of course a few of my uber dandy friends  (I’m looking start at the Pharphys and GIN/LIN combo as well as the sister and the beloved rents) have been super helpful in making a huge dent in all of the work. Words cannot express how thankful I am for their help.

And the house is showing improvements little by little, day by day.

So expect several posts laden with pictures over the next week as I try to cram in as many house projects we before this little lady decides to flee the coop.  Speaking of the bump,  here’s a rather awful picture of me, but a great one of the Peach.  And I’m bigger now!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 thoughts on “House Update”

  1. Good gracious! You look fantastic! And I’m not sure what that is, but I think it’s moved well beyond bump status!

    Can’t wait to see you and meet the Peach!

  2. Wow. I can’t imagine moving whilst pregnant. Moving in general is about my least favorite thing ever and if I couldn’t even be the one doing everything, setting it all up, that would just drive me crazy.

    True story- last time we moved, I had to leave for a Girl Scout trip (I’m a leader of a troop) that evening, like four hours after the movers left. My husband started unpacking while I was gone for three days. When I came back, it took me months until I finally got things sorted. I’m never letting anyone else unpack for me again, not even the husband.

    You look great.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *